Friday, March 25, 2016
Week 11 Reading Reflection
The topic of this week's reading was innovation. I was surprised by the strategy that went into innovation. When I think of something innovative, I usually don't think of people sitting down and planning how to be innovative. I think of someone having a spontaneous idea that leads to innovation. I was confused at first when I read about "routine innovation." The author referred to it as "myopic or suicidal." That was a bit surprising, as I didn't realize that some forms of innovation could be bad. I would like to ask the author how to clearly differentiate between routine innovation and radical. I would also ask him how he personally plans to avoid being routine. I felt like Gary Pisano gave a very detailed, thorough analysis of innovation, and there wasn't anything I particularly disagreed with.
Labels:
Week 11
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment