Friday, March 18, 2016

Week 10 Reading Reflection

This week, the reading was about being financially prepared before embarking on an entrepreneurial venture.  The thing that surprised me the most was how much the entire chapter was just a reflection of accounting classes I've taken in the past.  We covered the income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement, and operating budget.  All of these were chapters in my accounting books.  I was also mildly surprised at how much of that class came back to me after reading this chapter.  The thing that I found confusing was the plethora of financial ratios.  There were over a dozen listed, and they all felt very similar.  If I could ask the author questions, I would ask him how much he uses the ratios in real life and if there was an easier way to use them when calculating finances.  I don't think the author was wrong about anything in this chapter.  He is way more knowledgeable than I in this subject matter.  This was a very informative, but mildly overwhelming chapter.  Still, I felt like I was able to learn a lot from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment