Sunday, April 3, 2016

What's next?

This week was very forward focused. I had to interview people about 2 things: a new product and a new market to enter. As for what I think about the next step, I have already covered that in detail in the "Amazon whisperer" assignment. However, so we're all on the same page, I'll recap it again. I think the next step for my company is to manufacture retractable car chargers as well. With the overwhelmingly positive feedback about my current product idea of a durable, retractable charger, moving on to car chargers seems like a natural progression. When I thought about what additional market to target, I thought about car manufacturers. Since I want to make car chargers, I could approach the manufacturers and sell my product to them. If I was successful, they could make my product standard in their new cars, and I would collect a royalty. Here are the interviews where I asked 3 people about these ideas.





At first, I liked the idea of selling my product directly to the manufacturers. However, after conducting interviews, I have rethought that strategy. People who buy used cars wouldn't get my product. And it isn't enough of a selling point to make a difference. I believe I will be better off selling it directly to consumers. 

5 comments:

  1. Hey Ryan, I think you missed a big part of this assignment. You were supposed to talk about a new market and existing market for this post and have separate interviews for each market. However, you did a great job interviewing and gaining helpful information from that as it seems in your post. I feel that interviews are the best way to learn what is good for your business or not. Check out mine here: http://andrewdales.blogspot.com/2016/04/whats-next.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ryan. I unfortunately did not do this exercise, but you did a great job for the most part. I see that you may have forgotten to do separate interviews for the new and existing markets. I think the interviews were very well done, and you learned a lot of great information that will help you become more successful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ryan, I think the part you mentioned about selling these retractable car chargers to car manufacturers is brilliant. I could definitely see that as the next upgrade feature in newer car models. Unfortunately I did not do this assignment and cannot provide you with a link but I think you did a great job and that this assignment has helped further the success of your business idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ryan,

    Hmm, I think you may have confused the directions a bit, but I still like your post! Anything involving more chargers is a hit in my book. I think you did a great job with the interviews and your choices in people to interview. Your thoughts about selling it to consumers vs. manufacturers raises an excellent point, I agree with your thoughts! Keep up the good work and feel free to check out my blog post here: http://taylorjnoe.blogspot.com/2016/04/whats-next.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why you may have wanted to change your mind on selling directly to manufacturers and instead straight to end consumers so that you don't miss out on potential sales from used-car buyers. The used car industry is a very large industry, so by making your product available to all end consumers will get you more business in the long run. It's great that these interviews let you make this realization! Good luck with your venture! Check out my post here: http://analeisent3003.blogspot.com/2016/04/week-12-whats-next.html

    ReplyDelete