Sunday, April 3, 2016

Week 12 Reading Reflection

This week the reading was on strategic entrepreneurial growth.  The biggest surprise to me was the section about things that hinder strategic planning.  Although some of these are quite simple, they were still a tad surprising.  The list included things like lack of time, knowledge, expertise, skills, trust, and openness.  To me, these seemed like the things any aspiring entrepreneur would want to iron out in the very beginning stages of his or her endeavor.  It never ceases to amaze me how often a lack of planning will cause things to fail.  The entrepreneurial strategy matrix was a lad confusing to me.  It was difficult for me to differentiate between the high and low innovation and risk.  If I could ask the author questions, I would ask him about that.  How does he know how to label innovations and risks?  How often are these things mislabeled?  I would like to have those questions answered a little more clearly.  I didn't see anything that I thought the author was wrong about.  Other than being a little confused by the matrix, the chapter was clear and concise.

No comments:

Post a Comment