Sunday, April 24, 2016

Final Reflection

As I sit here and reminisce about this semester, it is crazy to me how fast it has been.  It seems like it was just a few weeks ago that I was setting up a camera and repeating a few words I didn't understand about being an entrepreneur.  There have definitely been some highs and lows throughout the semester.  However, I do feel much more prepared and equipped with an entrepreneurial mindset.  The most formative experience for me was actually a series of experiences: the interviews.  I learned how to do them better after each and every one, and I am definitely a lot more comfortable with them.  The assignment I look back at with the most pride was the most awkward experience for me this semester: trying to give people money.  Normally, I would think that asking people for money would be more awkward.  However, this assignment taught me that trying to give people free money can be nerve-racking as well.  If I were to give one piece of advice for future students, it would be to write down every assignment on a calendar at the beginning of the semester.  Doing that really helped me stay on top of the projects as the due dates approached.  It really helped me settle into a routine, and it was a big difference maker for me throughout the semester.  Finally, while it is important to take these assignments seriously, it's ok to have some fun with them.  I genuinely enjoyed this class.  I very rarely dreaded assignments.  Instead, I looked forward to the challenge and embraced it.  I feel that this class has made me better for it.  At the beginning of the semester, I was just saying words.  But now I truly believe that I am an entrepreneur.

"Boston Marathon Finish Line" by Steve Garfield.  https://flic.kr/p/6gdeDj

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ryan!
    I shared many of the same feelings as you about this course. In fact, I also considered the interviews, specifically the "free money" assignment, to be the most memorable exercise we had to complete. I would also recommend to future students to stay organized and get started in advance on assignments- this is something I struggled with in the beginning of the semester. I didn't look forward to many of the assignments, especially the reading assignments. If you'd like to take a look at my post, you can check if out here: http://nicmcq.blogspot.com/2016/04/final-reflection.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ryan!
    Great final reflection! Also, I really love the picture you used to convey the message of reaching the end and finishing strong. I too agree with your advice for the next generation of rising entrepreneurs. Something as simple as writing down all your assignments on a calendar can go a long way. As a fellow blogger, check out my post: http://entreprevision.blogspot.com/2016/04/final-reflection.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ryan,
    Great post, it seems like you really looked back on your past assignments and really thought about what you went through with this semester with this class. I actually gave the same advice for future students because I had trouble keeping up with the gazillions assignments we had. I am glad you enjoyed this class! I cannot say I agree, but it's nice to know people did enjoy it. Take a look at my post here: http://ffavorule.blogspot.com/2016/04/final-reflection.html

    ReplyDelete