Sunday, April 24, 2016
Week 15 Reading Reflection
This week, the reading discussed how businesses among the extremely poor were not like the rest of the businesses in the world. The most surprising thing to me was the shocking story of how SKS Microfinance was ostracized and even physically attacked. The people in power spread rumors about the company, and that led to the locals attacking the company. Nothing was particularly confusing to me in this reading. Originally, I struggled to understand exactly what a microloan was. However, after re-reading it, the answer was clearer, and I understood it. If I could ask the author anything, it would be what his biggest risk was. He shared many risks and several frightening circumstances. I would love to know what he would classify as his biggest risk. Also, I would ask what the best moment was for him. Where did this whole idea really click for him? The company makes a huge difference in so many people's lives. That idea is a novel one to me, and I really enjoyed hearing about it. I didn't disagree with the author on anything this week.
Labels:
Week 15
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment