Sunday, February 21, 2016

Free Money

My strategy for this week's assignment was to walk around the neighborhood and try to give money away to random people living their everyday lives.  I was trying to think of a legitimate reason to want to give away a dollar, and the only thing that made sense to me was a random act of kindness.  Since people are skeptical anyway, that at least seemed like a plausible reason to be handing out a few bills.  I have included two of my interactions with people.  Everyone took the dollar, but it was a very awkward encounter.  It was pretty clear that no one really knew how to take some strange person walking up and handing them a dollar.  To me, this was the most awkward and challenging assignment yet.


3 comments:

  1. Ryan, I was not able to complete this assignment so I decided to comment on this post too. You did a great job interacting with people around your neighborhood. I'm glad these people accept the dollar you offer them. How hard was to find these people? How much time did you spend on this assignment? Do you think this free money assignment was easier than any of your interviews?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan, I really liked how you approached the individuals and was able to keep a conversation going with them and have them take your dollar bill. I definitely agree with you about this being the most awkward and challenging assignment yet. It is one thing to walk up to someone and ask them some interview questions but trying to get them to take a dollar from you is much more difficult. If you want to check out my videos they are here: http://lgator.blogspot.com/2016/02/free-money.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ryan!

    I think you had a good reason to give to people to take the dollar. Just walking up and handing them a dollar without an actual reason will cause a lot of people to say no as they don't understand what is going on. By telling them it is just a random act of kindness gave them a reason and made them more comfortable with taking the money. Good job on the assignment!

    ReplyDelete