Sunday, February 7, 2016

Interviewing Customers No. 2

After conducting last week's interviews, I concluded that a many people shared my problem of charging cords being too short.  Mine is barely ever long enough for me to use it while charging.  Four out of the five people I interviewed last week also had issues with their cords being too short.

Last week, I talked to a good mix of people, and they were definitely the right target: smartphone users.  Interestingly enough, all of them used iPhones.  This week, I had a little bit more variety in the phone department.  I had one person who was an Android user and another who just used an iPod touch.

I asked pretty much the same questions as I did last week.  The only thing I changed was being a little bit more specific, particularly with the last question.

Again, I interviewed 5 people.  This week, all 5 had varying levels of issues with their charger cords being too short.  ::Spoiler alert::  All of them said they would be willing to pay a little extra for a few more feet of cord.  One of the people I talked to even mentioned how cheap this would be, which really leads me to believe there is a big opportunity here.  Here are this week's videos.  Enjoy.


1 comment:

  1. Hey Ryan, I think your idea has a lot of potential. I know I face that issue all the time of the cord not being long enough. The only improvement I think you could make would be changing the question about what cord people use because it seems like they all use the standard cord. Maybe go out of your way to find people who don't use the standard cord. Feel free to check out my interviews here: http://matthewent3003.blogspot.com/2016/02/interviewing-customers-no-2.html

    ReplyDelete