Many people find phone charger cords to be too short in length. My plan is to make a longer, durable cord that is also retractable. Think of a tape measure and how it retracts. That way, you get however much cord length you need at the time.
Then I simply asked them to share thoughts on the idea. Here are the interviews I did.
Personally, I enjoyed the format of the first two sets of interviews more. I actually felt like people gave better feedback when I was asking them a question than when I had them comment on my idea. Either that, or my idea is just so brilliant that everyone loves it. I've narrowed it down to those two options. but I am leaning towards the first. ;-) The more I ask people about this idea, the more convinced I am that a retractable charger cord with a super long cord would be a great idea!
I hope you enjoyed this week's interviews! Thanks for taking the time to watch.
Hey Ryan! You did not mention if we have developed the technology to do this yet. I know charging cords are usually pretty thick so it would be tough to develop a retractable cord. If you are able to properly develop it I think it is a great idea. I believe all chargers should then move to that sort of model. The less likely it is for my charger to get tangled the better. It also is a hassle when chargers are too short so it fixes that issue as well. Good job and I think you would enjoy checking out my post http://cambent.blogspot.com/2016/02/interviewing-customers-no3.html
ReplyDeleteHi Ryan! I really liked how you asked people to look at your business plan. It shows that you learned to ask different questions that looked at different parts of your business and product. By doing this, it looks like you got a lot of great incite about how to change or improve your product. Overall, great job improving your interviews. You can look at mine here: http://courtneysrymer.blogspot.com/2016/02/interviewing-customers-no-3.html
ReplyDeleteRyan,
ReplyDeleteI think that you have a really good idea here. While there are already longer iPhone charging cords on the market, they are not retractable (to my knowledge), so you are left dealing with all the extra cord length. I also like your first interviewee's idea of having a car adapter - I think it would make your product much more marketable and desirable.
Good luck!
Great blog post! I really enjoyed reading about your product and watching your interviews. I think you have a good idea, however, I don't see it selling well unless the price was the same as other alternative chargers. I don't think the retractable nature of your product would be cause enough for a considerable price difference. With that said, if you could get the price to equal the competition than I think without a doubt this product would be wildly successful.
ReplyDeleteAlthough I like the idea, I agree with Alexander when he says that the price is a little high. If you were to keep the price level where it is, you are going to have to come up reasons that really sell to consumers why you are so much better than your competitors and why your prices are higher. Asides from that, you have a great idea that a lot of people could be interested in buying with a simple change in price.
ReplyDelete