Wednesday, January 13, 2016

My Entrepreneurship Story - Maple Street Biscuit Company

Ladies and gentlemen, this masterpiece is the "Iced Cinnamon Pecan Biscuit."  It is cheerfully served by Maple Street Biscuit Company.  I was exposed to Maple Street when one of my friends bought into the company as a part owner.  He then proceed to open his own store.  He was also kind enough to help me get a job there, and it is still one of the best jobs I've ever had!
After I moved away from Jacksonville, I was still able to visit some of the stores with him when he went store-to-store to check on operations.  I was able to learn so much from him.  Now, whenever I go to a restaurant, I can't help but notice what the ticket time for food is, if the table decorations are all facing the same way, how they hide the AC vents with decor, and things of that nature.  Through my time walking around stores with him, I was able to learn a lot about how to run a restaurant and manage people.  I will be forever grateful for my experience learning about the operations of Maple Street.  Also, the food is the best you'll get, so I would highly recommend trying if at all possible.

2 comments:

  1. Ryan I think it's really cool that your friend bought into the company and that you were able to work. I've never really thought about the aspects you bring up about restaurants such as the covering of the AC vents. I think this insight that you gained is similar to my experience with my father's brokerage firm, in the sense that there are things you learned that will stick with you know matter what you end up doing as your own career.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to add this: http://sowersent3003.blogspot.com/2016/01/my-entrepreneurship-story.html

      Delete