Sunday, January 24, 2016
Week 3 Reading Reflection
There were a few surprising moments in this week's reading. The first of these moments was at the very beginning of chapter 2. Kuratko gave this statistic: "one-third of new entrepreneurs are younger than 30." This semester, as we have been learning about entrepreneurs, I have thought of them as people older than myself. This statistic just points out how I still have a long way to go before I am truly thinking like an entrepreneur. The other thing that jumped out at me was just how many internal battles entrepreneurs has to fight. The internal potential downfalls listed in this chapter include: grief, financial risk, career risk, social risk, loneliness, people problems, need for control, sense of distrust, unrealistic optimism, and inflated ego. Some of these are polar opposites, and this shows me that different people handle situations differently. I was a little bit confused at how to deal with some of those issues. The book pointed out a lot of these issues, but failed to recommend a course of action for someone dealing with one or more of them. As a result, this is what I would ask the author this week. I would ask him: Which of these struggles did you see in your own endeavors? What did you do to work on/solve them? This week, there wasn't anything in particular that I disagreed with. I just would have liked for the section on personal issues to have been more fleshed out. I think that is something that all entrepreneurs could use. However, I believe it to be especially relevant to my age group.
Labels:
Week 3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment